The job reports to the AML Manager and is primarily responsible for supporting the Company’s AML/CFT defence by conducting client screening, risk assessments, and transaction monitoring. The post holder will also carry out AML assurance checks and serve as a point of reference for the business’s practical interpretation of AML rules and procedures.
The main duties for the role holder will include:
• Support the Company’s AML/CTF defence by undertaking screening and risk assessments of the client base to identify any links to PEP’s, sanctions, adverse media and financial crime
• Be a point of reference for practical interpretation of AML policies and procedures across the business.
• Work closely with the AML Manager and wider AML team to ensure our AML/CTF obligations are met and will build strong relationships with our Regions and local business areas where required.
• Maintain the PEP registers for all regions including reconciliation against system flags. Prepares periodic updates and reviews of PEP cases for business sign off.
• Investigate results of manual and automated transaction monitoring to ensure SARs are raised accordingly and AML requirements have been met
• Perform monthly quality assurance checks on agreed processes in respect of compliance with the IFGL AML/CFT Insurance Division handbook
• Investigate external fraud incidents and recommend control enhancements where weaknesses have been identified
Typical Knowledge and Experience:
To ensure that this role is carried out to the desired level, the successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
• A basic understanding of the AML obligations and requirements within the IoM, Hong Kong, Singapore and UAE financial services sector.
• Experience of using screening software such as World-Check or Dow Jones
• Previous experience in a financial crime environment
• Ideally holding the ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering