We currently have a permanent position available within the Customer Services Department for an AML Analyst.
Reporting to the AML Manager, the role primarily supports the Company’s AML/CFT defence by undertaking client screening, risk assessments and transaction monitoring of the client base. Additionally, the role holder will undertake AML assurance checking and be a point of reference for practical interpretation of AML policies and procedures across the business.
The main duties for the role holder will include:
• Support the Company’s AML/CTF defence by undertaking screening and risk assessments of the client base to identify any links to PEP’s, sanctions, adverse media and financial crime
• Be a point of reference for practical interpretation of AML policies and procedures across the business.
• Work closely with the AML Manager and wider AML team to ensure our AML/CTF obligations are met and will build strong relationships with our Regions and local business areas where required.
• Maintain the PEP registers for all regions including reconciliation against system flags. Prepares periodic updates and reviews of PEP cases for business sign off.
• Investigate results of manual and automated transaction monitoring to ensure SARs are raised accordingly and AML requirements have been met
• Investigate external fraud incidents and recommend control enhancements where weaknesses have been identified
Typical Knowledge and Experience:
To ensure that this role is carried out to the desired level, the successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
• A basic understanding of the AML obligations and requirements within the IoM, Hong Kong, Singapore and UAE financial services sector.
• Experience of using screening software such as World-Check or Dow Jones
• Previous experience in a financial crime environment
• Ideally holding the ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering