Our client is seeking an Associate Director/Director to join the dynamic, fast growing Assurance and Advisory department. This is a rare opportunity for an Audit professional to utilise their qualifications and experience to the full and be a key part of the future of the Group.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Senior Manager or new Director within a Channel Islands Audit Firm, with strong leadership and Business Development skills looking to take charge of an Audit portfolio and be an integral part of the future of the firm, both in terms of development and ownership. The successful candidate will be supported by the firm in obtaining a practising certificate from their institute should this be required
The Associate Director/Director is a key leadership position within the organization, responsible for overseeing and managing a specific department or functional area. This role involves strategic planning, goal-setting, and ensuring the efficient operation of the department in alignment with the overall organizational objectives. The Associate Director/Director collaborates with other senior leaders and executives to drive business growth, improve performance, and achieve key milestones.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Provide strategic direction, vision, and goals for the department, in line with the organization’s overall mission and objectives.
- Develop and implement departmental strategies, policies, and procedures to optimize performance and productivity.
- Lead and mentor a team of managers and staff, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement within the department to stay ahead of industry trends and competition.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure effective coordination and achievement of business goals.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring efficient workflows and resource allocation to meet departmental objectives.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to assess performance, identify areas for improvement, and take corrective actions as needed.
- Develop and manage budgets, forecasts, and financial targets for the department, ensuring cost-effectiveness and resource optimization.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels and reporting mechanisms to provide regular updates to senior management and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, partners, vendors, and regulatory bodies.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and business development teams to identify growth opportunities, develop new business strategies, and expand market presence.
- Act as a key point of contact for escalated issues, providing timely resolutions and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Represent the department and organization at industry conferences, events, and relevant forums, contributing to thought leadership and building the company’s reputation.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, taking necessary actions to mitigate risks and maintain a strong control environment.
- Implement and monitor internal controls, policies, and procedures to safeguard assets, data, and confidential information.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, proactively recommending and implementing changes to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree (MBA, etc.) is often preferred.
- Proven experience (typically 8-10 years) in a managerial or leadership role within the industry or related field.
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated track record of driving organizational growth and achieving strategic objectives.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others towards high performance.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong financial and budgeting skills, with experience in managing budgets and resources.
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations, compliance requirements, and best practices.
- Proficiency in using technology and software tools relevant to the department or industry.
The successful candidate will be supported by the firm to acquire an equity stake in the Business and receive performance based profit share. They will be a key part of the Leadership team and involved in the development and execution of the group strategy.