The client is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, the client provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
The client manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18
locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
A board position, the role entails having primary client responsibility for a portfolio of ultra-high net worth individuals and families, supported by a team of trust officers and client accountants, liaising with advisers as necessary.
The role holder will be a qualified lawyer with experience of complex contentious and non-contentious trust matters and will therefore offer in- house guidance and expertise to the rest of the board on trust matters with a solid understanding of investment matters and trustee risk.
The role will also have a marketing and business development element. The role holder will maintain and develop relationships with introducers of work and have a shared responsibility for growing the firm’s client base.
Client Director duties will include but are not limited to:
Client Responsibilities (55 %)
· Acting as primary client director for a portfolio of fiduciary clients and acting as second director on a defined set of clients.
· Ensuring that a first class service is provided to clients. This includes ensuring that the role holder has an intimate knowledge of their affairs and can ensure that:
– administration is carried out in a timely and efficient manner; and all bills are issued and debts are collected promptly.
· Providing in-house legal expertise on complex contentious and non- contentious trust matters, investment matters, complex structures, estate planning with trusts and complex family succession issues including delivery of internal training as required.
Business Development (25 %)
· Shared responsibility for business development including:
– Contribution to the overall development of the business through active participation in the
Business Development Committee;
– maintenance and development of referrer relationships, generation of new business
– writing proposals and participation in pitches;
– writing marketing collateral, articles and thought-leadership; and
– attendance and participating in key conferences and events.
General Management (13%)
· Contribution to management matters or specific projects as required.
· Attendance at board and committee and forum meetings as appropriate.
Board and committee memberships (5%)
· Board Director of Trust Corporation of the Channel Islands and subsidiary entities.
· Member of the monthly business development meeting.
· Qualified solicitor with at least 10 years PQE.
· Expertise in private client and trust law issues, estate and succession planning, contentious
and non contentious trusts, investment as it impacts trustees, English and Guernsey trust laws,
· Knowledge of family law matters such as they affect trusts.
· Strong corporate governance experience and demonstrable ability to operate at board level.
· Proven business development and marketing experience including an ability to communicate
effectively with and gain the trust of high net worth individuals and their advisers, develop and
implement marketing initiatives and generate new business.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience of public speaking at
conferences and seminars.
· Experience of delivering in-house training and seminars on technical trust matters.
· Strong interest in staff development and mentoring at all levels.
· Strong commercial acumen.
· A practical and pragmatic approach to problem solving including the practical application of
legal knowledge to client matters.
· The ability to use initiative and work independently
· Enthusiasm, reliability and flexibility
· Willingness to get involved and work as part of the team
· The ability to remain calm when under pressure and to meet deadlines
· Accuracy and an eye for detail
· The ability to time manage effectively and to prioritise and organise workflow
· Strong communication skills – confidence in engaging with staff at all levels.