Job Title: Client Portfolio Manager
Line Manager: Client Services Manager
Summary of Position To administer a portfolio of complex client entities to a high professional standard and to act as Line Manager to a small team of Company Administrators.
Key client facing duties and responsibilities:
• Administration of a selective portfolio of complex client companies and trusts with and ensure that all client queries are dealt with in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
• Primary point of contact for clients for new matters pertinent to the team’s overall portfolio of client companies. Develop and manage new and ongoing business
opportunities and relationships. Attend client meetings and ensure accurate records are kept.
• Awareness of products and services offered by the company, company policies
(including company & trust procedures), due diligence requirements and Anti-Money
Laundering provisions, etc and be sufficiently competent to advise clients of our
• Oversee output from team members from a quality control and technical accuracy perspective to ensure that all client work is efficiently handled with a high degree of client care and attention. Promote and develop a culture of high quality client care within the team.
• Ensure a balanced workload between team members and that work is allocated
appropriately, prioritised correctly and deadlines are met. Arrange cover as and when
necessary in times of holidays or other absence.
• Overall responsibility for monitoring billing and time charges within team, recovery of fees (i.e. managing debtors) and keeping to budget.
• Responsibility for ensuring that File Reviews are carried out to an appropriate standard and within deadlines in accordance with the overall risk rating.
• Obtain “key staff” status with the Financial Services Authority and to act as director on client companies. To act as signatory on in-house companies and operate client company bank accounts as an ‘A’ signatory in accordance with company policy.
• Liaison between the Business Development Team and the ultimate Company
Administrator to ensure smooth transition of any new business allocated to the team
(new companies/trusts or transfers in).
• Responsibility for liaising with the Client Accounting Manager, Business Development
Team and Compliance Department and for planning and scheduling in respect of any work required in relation to the team’s portfolio of clients.
• Attend relevant events or conferences to promote the company and its services as
Core First Line Manager duties and responsibilities:
• Identify staffing needs for team as a whole and active involvement in the selection, recruitment and induction of new team members.
• Identify training, development and coaching needs for self and team members and provide access to training or other development opportunities. Ensuring CPD requirements for team are met.
• Ensure that all company policies and procedures are understood and followed correctly.
• Provide advice, support and guidance on technical matters and on general company policy matters.
• Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to team members, addressing inappropriate behaviour/work practices and dealing with any concerns expressed by team members in relation to specific jobs or broader company or employment matters.
• Manage under-performance of any team members with a view to ensuring competency is reached.
• Conduct team members’ Annual Performance Reviews with appropriate follow up and monitoring progress of agreed objectives, providing appropriate feedback, etc. as necessary. Agree competencies and behaviours required to achieve objectives.
• Approve or decline requests for holidays, time in lieu, overtime, etc. in accordance with company policy and ensuring that such matters are passed to the relevant person for recording or action as required.
• Notify Fiduciary Services Director of details of any new salaries or changes in salary and other relevant payments and deductions (e.g. sick pay) that have been discussed and agreed with the relevant team member.
• Arrange and attend return to work interviews with staff as appropriate and in accordance with company policy on sick leave. Discuss attendance issues with team members and set targets for improvement as appropriate.