Purpose of Job
To undertake periodic risk assessments and reviews of clients of the offices that the Centralized Review Team service, to ensure they are being administered in accordance with policies and procedures, contractual and regulatory obligations:
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- To review client structures as allocated in accordance with risk assessment and periodic review process.
- To undertake administration of a basic nature in order to rectify errors found during the course of a review.
- Have a broad understanding of the different types of service and product that is able to provide to clients.
- Where appropriate, identify and communicate improvements that enhance service to clients and/or profitability.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Seek the advice of more senior staff when faced with difficult issues / problems.
- Be familiar with local legislation relating to financial crime, sanctions, company and trust law, Codes of Practice and any other legislation which impacts on the conduct of business within the jurisdiction.
- Develop an awareness and ability to avert potential risk issues.
Report complaints, operational risks, suspicions of financial crime etc. in accordance with local procedures.
- Understand, apply and adhere to the risk management policies and procedures and, where appropriate, be proactive in identifying and proposing improvements.
- Report findings in a timely manner and where appropriate agree remediation actions with the Client Service Teams.
- Escalate high risk issues without delay to the Group Head of Compliance and Risk
- Uphold values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and leadership.
- Have a broad understanding of vision and the direction in which the business is heading.
- Play an active part in section meetings.
- Will be expected to achieve pre-determined utilization targets (set as part of the annual budget process and notified to the individual via the appraisal / objective setting process).
- Constantly strive to minimize the cost of delivery whilst always ensuring that the service provided meets professional standards.
- As requested, assist with the coaching and development of new and junior staff.
- Attend seminars and workshops to enhance professional and technical knowledge.
- Identify areas to improve own knowledge and skills and actively seek assistance.
- Develop techniques for coping with time / deadline pressures.
- Constantly review and, where necessary, re-prioritise own activities.
- Maintain evidence of continuing professional development with at least 15 hours CPD activity per annum. No more than five hours of recorded CPD should be accounted for by time spent reading professional and industry publications.
The successful candidate will have an interest in pursuing a career in Risk and Compliance in Financial Services.
Prior Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Experience working within a compliance team within the finance environment (administration of companies & trusts etc.)
- Desire to build technical Compliance knowledge and study towards a relevant professional qualification
- An ability to work in an organised manner and having an attention to detail is essential
- An ability to deal with a variety of tasks and to work towards deadlines