Our client is a medium sized, independent, Chartered Accountancy practice based in Douglas in the Isle of Man, providing tailored financial and accounting solutions to Isle of Man and International clients. They are a fiduciary service provider licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority, providing trust and company services to clients all over the world.
We have an opportunity for a Compliance and Data Protection Assistant to join their busy general accountancy practice and fiduciary service provider. We are regulated by the ICAEW and the IOM FSA and this role will play a crucial part in ensuring robust compliance procedures are maintained across the business.
* Strong ‘A’ levels with previous experience of compliance in a regulated entity
* An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills who can interact with staff at all levels to ensure compliance procedures are met in the required timescale.
* Discretion, diplomacy and a confident approach are a must.
* Willing to take on responsibility and ownership of tasks.
* Attention to detail.
* Professional qualifications in compliance and / or data protection (DP)
* Competence with excel spreadsheets
The Compliance and Data Protection Assistant will report directly to the Compliance Officer. The duties of the Compliance Assistant would typically involve administrative support duties, including the following:
* Assisting the Compliance Officer with all aspects of client compliance
* Ensure the information held on each client complies with our office procedures
* Perform regular compliance reviews
* Ensure compliance procedures are met for new business
* Identify any high-risk clients or Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and run sanctions checks
* Perform regular monitoring of high-risk clients
* Act as an independent review on the Company’s client risk profile
* Keeping up to date with regulation and assisting the Board with regulatory consultations
* Monitoring and reconciling client money
* Monitoring completion of Trust account reconciliations
* Eligible Introducer monitoring and visits
* Liaising with banks regarding our Eligible Introducer Status
* Monitoring safe custody
* Maintaining the compliance registers
Policies and Procedures
* Maintaining and reviewing the firm’s policies and procedures
* Keep up to date with regulation to ensure our policies and procedures remain current
* Preparation of quarterly compliance reports for the Board
* Data extraction and analysis.
* Ability to assimilate extracted data for statistical and exception reporting purposes.
* Monitoring of exception reporting and providing resolution support
* Assistance with the firms external reporting including, but not limited to statistical returns and compliance returns.
* A working knowledge of GDPR and DP practices
* Assist the DPO with the implementation and supervision of data protection procedures
* Review and update the DP procedures as appropriate
* Identify new procedures on an arising basis
* Monitor the firm’s compliance with the DP procedures
* Prepare arrange and implement DP Training annually
* Assist the MLRO and Deputy MLRO to ensure the firm is compliant with all AML/CFT legislation and guidance
* Maintain and review procedures as required
This position gives the opportunity for a compliance and data protection professional to utilise their skills and experience in an interesting and varied role across all aspects of our busy fiduciary service and accountancy business.
Support for an appropriate training qualification will be considered and training on the job will be provided.
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Full time hours are preferred however part time hours could be considered by negotiation for the right candidate.