Compliance Manager, Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
» Compliance Manager, Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Being the Company designated MLRO and Data Protection Officer.
- Manage interactions with Isle of Man Regulatory and Enforcement Authorities including the Information Commissioners Office, Financial Services Authority and local constabulary.
- Conducting annual risk assessments and incorporating conclusions into current processes and policies.
- Being the ultimate point of escalation for AML and Data Protection questions and responsible for reporting suspicious activity and breaches of data protection legislation.
- Conduct Compliance monitoring of key risk mitigating controls in our risk framework ensuring continuous compliance. Where deficiencies exist they are to be reported to the relevant business areas to ensure gaps are closed.
- Provide trends and typologies to assist the first line of defence manage their transaction monitoring risks.
- Overall responsibility for creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions, and routines within the field of AML/CTF and Data Protection.
- Constantly driving for our improvement in AML efficiency and risk management.
- Sharing knowledge and educating on ML/TF risks and regulatory requirements and contributing to ongoing competence throughout the company by providing information and training.
- Working with the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team to maintain a clear and comprehensive understanding of the risk profile across all areas.
- Maintaining a positive and transparent relationship with the regulators.
- Advising the Board on the regulatory landscape relating to AML/CFT, regulation and data protection in the cryptocurrency field, including new and emerging developments; whilst exploring opportunities of registering for regulation in other jurisdictions.
- Promote / celebrate success and address discrepancies in behaviour.
- A minimum three years’ experience as a Deputy MLRO or MLRO
- ICA Diploma in Anti Money Laundering or equivalent
- Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (PC.dp) or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of Isle of Man Financial regulatory regulations.
- A pragmatic approach to new and developing technologies including RegTech and digital currencies.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and compliance in other jurisdictions (specifically Europe) would be an advantage but not essential.
- Self-directed, good communicator, and ability to educate and lead the Compliance team.
- A pragmatic mindset with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing Fintech world
£55,000 to 65,000 Per Year
Isle of Man
October Tue, 2022
£55,000 to 65,000 Per Year