JOB TITLE: Customer Support Officer
HOURS OF WORK: Full time, 37 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Customer Support Centre Manager/Shift Leader
DEPARTMENT: Customer Experience
LOCATION: Guernsey or Isle of Man
• To provide an efficient and professional service to customers over the phone or online, supporting customer queries, faults, and requests for service. To strive for customer excellence and ensure all customers are dealt with efficiently and in a welcoming and friendly way.
• Flexible working hours; to an agreed level. Working within a team, applicants should note that the role will include working evening, weekends, and bank holidays on a rota basis.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be a single point of contact for our customers for both inbound and outbound calls and online channels. Providing end to end support for a range of customer issues providing support and advice on technical and general customer queries as well as service and sales support.
• To be articulate when providing information on Sure’s products and services which includes, Fibre, broadband, mobile and other ancillary services or offers available.
• Provide an excellent customer experience by advising and actively promoting our products and services, thereby enhancing sales, and making retaining the customer a priority.
• To make sure all customer interactions are completed successfully or that the next steps in any process have been made clear for the customer so that they are confident in our ability to meet their needs in a timely way.
• Record, interrogate and diagnose customer issues/faults for all “General” services, provide information or a first call resolution when possible; to decide upon and implement correct procedures to ensure a solution.
• To accurately complete order requests as required so that other departments can complete their actions for the customer quickly and accurately.
• To provide routine administration including but not limited to customer registrations, data input and maintenance of customer data in internal systems, reporting and additional activities as required.
• Embody the Sure values and make every customer interaction an opportunity to extend and strengthen a customer relationship.
• Proactively inform the CTIO engineering team and Products team of any major customer affecting issues as they emerge in a timely manner.
In addition the person will be required to;
• Understand and comply with the licence and other regulatory rules applying to the position
• Understand and comply with the Data Protection Law as it relates to the position
• Understand and comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities relevant to the role as defined in the Sure Safety Policy
• Work in accordance with the safety procedures and safe working policies of Sure.
• Undertake appropriate security awareness training covering information security, data protection, financial crime and payment card data and comply with their information security responsibilities. This awareness training includes understanding of the incident reporting process to be followed in the event of the employee suspecting, causing, or discovering an information security incident.
Due to the nature of this position, the postholder must hold a satisfactory Basic Police Disclosure. All disclosures of a criminal background are treated with the strictest confidence and checks will only be made in connection with suitability for a post and for no other purpose.
Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include dishonesty and those indicating a breach of trust, due to the security requirements of the role.
Please note that disclosure of a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment in this post – this will depend on the nature of the offence/s and the circumstances surrounding it/them.
• We work together as One Team
• We strive for Customer Satisfaction
• We are Reliable
• We have a passion for technology and learning
• We are community and sustainability focussed
• A passion for putting the customer first and achieving customer focussed outcomes. High levels of empathy and experience of working in a customer facing role.
• Superb telephone manner and listening skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to translate the complex into more easily understood terms.
• Self-motivated and driven to take responsibility for customer issues, seeing them through to completion.
• Happy working alone or as part of a team, possessing strong relationship skills.
• Willing to work outside normal working hours to provide customer focused support shifts
• Well organised and methodical, driven to produce accurate and quality work.
• Demonstrate an interest in current and future technology.
• Smart appearance and ability to promote Sure’s progressive image and high standards of customer care.
• Experience of working in a technical role.
• Sales experience an advantage.
• Eager and quick to learn new skills and technologies.
• Appreciation of the telecommunications market and customers.
• Able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
• A cheerful and optimistic attitude to work.
• Calm and controlled under pressure.
The CSC General support function at this time operates from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays also some public holiday cover will be required. Therefore applicants should note that they will be required to work shifts within these times, and that these times will be subject to change.