Our client is a leading international provider of corporate, trust, tax, accounting, and fund administration services. Respected and trusted as a professional partner by a broad range of corporate, private and institutional clients worldwide, they are continually looking for opportunities to evolve their business while providing clients with the best possible services.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst, you will collaborate with key users in the business and use data and insights to realise value from the system to drive effective operation, efficiency, accuracy and risk mitigation for the organisation. You will be part of their business intelligence team and manage report requests from users across the group. You will also work with their Business Intelligence Officer to continue to grow their data warehouse and data sources.
Within your role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security and metadata
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalisation and create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis and visualisation
- Manage master data, including creation, updates and deletion, and oversee the commissioning and decommissioning of datasets
- Review, conduct and document business needs, testing adjustment and best practices with key users of business systems to ensure optimal functionality meets business and user requirements
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with business stakeholders to verify and analyse
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements to generate reports from single or multiple systems
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports and evaluate changes and updates to source production systems
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards to continually drive efficiencies and cross-departmental collaboration
You will be a methodical individual with strong analytic, research and critical thinking skills, including the ability to understand and interpret relevant data to drive business change. Experience with Microsoft SQL server is essential. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Exposure to statistical analysis and segmentation techniques
- Ability to present information to stakeholders and provide consultation
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and maintaining automation platforms and records management systems
- Experience in the financial sector
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, with the ability to manage system change and ensure clear communication for projects
- Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and performance-related bonus along with other benefits. Full training will be provided together with the career opportunities commensurate with a growing team sitting within a large, ambitious independent group of companies.