JOB TITLE: Enterprise Support Engineer
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Enterprise Support Manager
DEPARTMENT: Service Assurance
LOCATION: Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man
As an Enterprise Support Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for the operational delivery of our client’s portfolio of enterprise managed services, including but not limited to managed networks, managed firewalls, managed operating system, and various managed cloud services.
In this role you will demonstrate your strong technical skill set by acting as the first escalation point for incidents, identifying the root cause of problems, servicing requests, and executing changes across the estates of Managed Services customers. In addition to this, you will be able to apply your technical knowledge in the monitoring, support, and operational maintenance of the Enterprise Support tool set, as well as a wider set of internal tools and systems across the group.
The team members operate a retained callout schedule to provide exceptional levels of technical expertise 24x7x365.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specifically, but not restricted to:
• Incident & Problem Management
◦ You will operate as a second line support engineer, identifying and resolving faults across the managed services portfolio.
◦ You will work in close collaboration with the Service Assurance management team, other teams within the group, customers, vendors and third parties to ensure KPIs are met, and that internal and external escalations are triggered where necessary.
◦ You will use your experience and skills to bring incidents to resolution as soon as possible, following up where necessary with root cause analysis via the problem management process.
◦ You will act as a Subject Matter Expert regarding your areas of technical specialism and additionally with regard to the Enterprise Support systems, tools and processes/procedures.
• Request Fulfilment
◦ You will carry out customer requests for changes to managed devices across the managed services portfolio.
◦ You will ensure that service catalogue requests are identified as either chargeable or non-chargeable and arrange for the customer to be billed where applicable.
◦ You will fulfil such requests in line with the change management processes of both our client and the customer.
• Operations and Maintenance
◦ You will assist with the operational delivery of managed services, specifically incident management, problem management, event management, change management and continual service improvement.
◦ You will contribute to the build and maintenance of all Enterprise Support systems and tools.
◦ You will contribute towards achieving the SOC overall objectives and KPIs, such as network/service reliability metrics, including service level agreements, mean time to repair, alarm recovery, and system availability.
◦ You will assist in the production of work instructions, processes, procedures, and other such knowledge articles, and provide mentorship and training to other support staff as and when necessary.
◦ You will perform regular housekeeping and maintenance activities, to include operations-centric data in the Enterprise Support systems and tools.
◦ You will participate with the transition of new customers and services both into and out of production via the Enterprise Support on/off-boarding processes and procedures.
◦ You will participate as a project resource where necessary. Example projects include new tooling, enhancements to existing tools, systems migrations etc.
◦ You may be involved in the identification and /or creation of new managed services.
The role is Mon-Fri working between 07:00 and 18:00, sharing an early/late pattern with other Enterprise Support Engineers, E.G: 07:00-15:30 or 09:30-18:00. Whilst not a current requirement, it is possible that the role may change to a 24×365 full shift Rota, with employee remuneration changing also to include a 35% shift bonus.
In addition, the person will be required to
• Understand and comply with the licence and other regulatory rules applying to the position.
• Understand and comply with the Data Protection Law as it relates to the position
• Understand and comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities relevant to the role as defined in the Safety Policy
• Work in accordance with the safety procedures and safe working policies.
• Undertake appropriate security awareness training covering information security, data protection, financial crime and payment card data and comply with their information security responsibilities. This awareness training includes understanding of the incident reporting process to be followed in the event of the employee suspecting, causing, or discovering an information security incident.
Due to the nature of this position, the postholder must hold a satisfactory Basic Police Disclosure. All disclosures of a criminal background are treated with the strictest confidence and checks will only be made in connection with suitability for a post and for no other purpose.
Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include dishonesty and those indicating a breach of trust, due to the security requirements of the role.
Please note that disclosure of a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment in this post – this will depend on the nature of the offence/s and the circumstances surrounding it/them.
THE WAY WE DO THINGS
• We work together as One Team,
• We strive for Customer Satisfaction,
• We are Reliable,
• We have a Passion for Technology & Learning
• We are Community & Sustainability Focused
• CCNA or comparable network related certification, or the ability to gain such in the short term.
• Some experience of working with IP routing and switching environments.
• Technically skilled, highly motivated individual.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Well organized and methodical.
• Experience of Managed Service Provider environments, ideally with Networks and/or Firewalls or cloud services.
• Operating systems support (Windows Server, Windows 10/11, CentOS, Ubuntu etc) Active Directory, DHCP, DNS.
• Experience supporting Azure AD, Microsoft 365
• VMWare or other virtualization related certification or relevant experience.
• Experience with backup, recovery, and replication tools such as Veeam, eVault/Carbonite, Zerto etc.
• Experience of an operational delivery role, ideally within IT, service provider or telecommunications networks, infrastructure, datacentres or cloud-based products and services.
• ITIL Foundation (v3 or above preferred).
• Educated to at least A-level/BTEC Level 3 standard with good pass results.
• Diligence and attention to detail are key skills along with ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
• Eager and quick to learn new skills and technologies.
• Proactive. Able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
• Ability to work either as part of a team or independently and prepared to ‘muck in’ when required.
• A cheerful and optimistic attitude to work.
• High degree of customer focus.
• Good interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers.
• Calm and controlled under pressure and ability to handle stressful situations.
• Flexible approach to working hours and must be willing to work on holidays and weekends on a 24x7x365 rotating shift schedule or on an “on-call” call out schedule.
Access Network Architect