An opportunity has arisen within our outsourcing and financial services team in our Finance Department.
Reporting to one of our Financial Reporting Managers, this role will be responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that source data used by the International Financial Reporting team is delivered on time, of a high quality and able to stand up to external scrutiny. The production of accurate and timely information is essential in order for management to manage the business, group and regulatory financial reporting obligations.
This role will work with the finance and senior management team to pro-actively keep pace with
accounting and regulatory development within the Group to help ensure the robustness of reported
results supporting analysis. This will include where necessary supporting the production of stand-alone
The main responsibilities of this role are:
● Support the monthly close process within agreed timelines, ensuring quality and integrity of
● Project work to enhance our financial reporting to a more granular level to product working
alongside other members of the Finance team;
● Interrogating general ledger to a detailed level, and working alongside the actuaries to explain
● Project work to enhance reporting of branch financial results. Prepare internal management
reports, providing insights on financial performance
● Support further ad-hoc projects/ tasks
Key skills and experience needed to be successful in this role are:
● Have an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA) or be nearly qualified /qualified by experience.
Big 4 experience is a plus;
● Experience with financial reporting and management accounting, including making
improvements to design and function of reports;
● Technical knowledge of and understanding of insurance company accounting (IFRS and
Regulatory reporting) would be advantageous;
● Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
● Experience of using SUN and Vision or a similar accounting package;
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
● A flexible and adaptable attitude;
● Good problem solving skills – ability to understand and unravel complex issues;
● Good team working skills.
Others skills and experience desired to be successful in this role are:
● Previous experience working within a similar role in a Financial Services company;
● Good practical experience of Financial Close and Reporting
● Project Management experience a plus