Our client has an exciting opportunity for a financial accountant to join a busy finance team where you will help drive the finance team forward and contribute to the timely production of management accounting and reporting to a variety of internal stakeholders. If you are a fully qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE (ACA/ACCA) then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the finance team to ensure timely production of monthly management accounts in line with timetables, both preparing and reviewing workload as required
- Prepare and oversee completion of quarterly regulatory reporting requirements (Banking and Investment), quarterly VAT reporting and annual tax returns
- Preparation of internal stakeholder reporting requirements (Board and committee) driving automation where possible
- Ensure adherence to existing internal control environment whilst managing new / arising risk factors
- Contribute towards to the evolution of the finance function driving efficiency and innovation
- Preparation of annual financial statements (IFRS and FRS102) for Group and Subsidiaries
- Key point of contact and involvement with annual external audit ensuring completion within timetable
- Work alongside other stakeholders to contribute to the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes along with cash flow projections
- Will have line manager responsibility, which includes overseeing, supporting and evaluating contribution, performance and development of those within the team.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with working knowledge of IFRS and FRS
- Big4 training preferable, other experience considered
- Financial services and/or Banking experience desirable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft excel – familiarity with other Microsoft products helpful, such as PowerBI
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, and collaborate with other stakeholders
- Good organisational skills and able to work and adhere to deadlines
- Able to work autonomously where required and a mindset for problem solving/analysis
- Willingness to develop knowledge and expand role and responsibilities
Our client’s promise to you
Not only do our client offer competitive salaries, they have lots of other benefits including private health care and life insurance, flexible hours, access to a pension scheme, volunteering opportunities for those who love to give back, training and development opportunities for those looking to drive their career even further and opportunities to take advantage of their own products.