FINANCIAL & INSURANCE RISK SPECIALIST TRAINEE
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial & Insurance Risk Trainee within our Risk, Legal and Compliance department. The ideal candidate will have specific responsibility for learning how to oversee and challenge capital management, credit, market and liquidity risk management, and supporting the preparation of the Group Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) in close collaboration with Finance and Actuarial.
There may be opportunities within this role to be seconded to other areas of the business where relevant and appropriate.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, the main duties for the role holder will include:
* Support with ensuring the Group operates within an appropriate and agreed risk management framework.
* Support with writing accurate, clear and concise reports, including the ORSA Report.
* Work closely with Line 1, particularly Finance and Actuarial.
* Support with the annual review process for Risk Policies with the relevant stakeholders.
* Assist the Finance and Insurance Risk Specialist with the achievement of their deliverables
* Ensuring risk management framework remains fit for purpose and is sufficiently and proportionately embedded across the Group.
* Supporting the operation of the ORSA, Risk Management and Governance frameworks to determine and manage our capital needs.
* Support the Finance and Insurance Risk Specialist with drafting the annual ORSA Report.
* Working closely with Corporate Office to ensure strategic priorities are informed by both capital needs and risk profile / assessments.
* Studying toward completion of ICAEW ACA accountancy qualification.
To ensure that this role is carried out to the desired level, the successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Part qualified ACA Chartered Accountant or an individual that is looking to commence with or further their accountancy training. Prior experience working in the insurance industry would be an advantage.
* Achieved a minimum of 3 A ‘Levels at grades B (or equivalent qualification) or hold a degree (2:1)
* Learner, enjoys new challenges, embraces change, flexible support to the wider team and business.
* Reliable, delivers on commitments and upholds standards and principles.
* A self-starter with an enquiring and investigative mind with a desire to want to understand the processes, controls and implications of process and control failures on the business.
* Able to build good working relationships with all levels of the business.
* Good organisational and planning skills including taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines.
* Must be able to work as part of a team.
* Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, combined with a logical approach and high attention to detail. Ability to convey information in a clear, structured and understandable manner.