Job Title : Front-End Web Developer (React)
Department : Development Squad Leader, Enablement
Reports to : Enablement Squad
Location : IOM
Our client is an innovative payment solution spearheading innovation in payment technology. They specialise in providing the perfect eWallet and payment device solutions used by more than 1,000,000 customers in 180 countries.
They bring together a team of tenacious thought-leaders, re-imagining the business model of payment services and pushing the boundaries and capabilities of a payment app, and who strive to create an excellent ongoing customer experience.
With offices in the UK, the Isle of Man, Malta, Lithuania and Costa Rica, they also have people in Spain, Costa Rica, India, Malta, Canada, Israel, our team is multicultural, and their workspace is a place for creativity, change, innovation and collaboration. They employ people who think outside the box, share ideas without restrictions, take pride in supporting the wider team, and are not afraid to ask questions.
To innovate, develop and improve business systems and integrations within the Enablement Squad. The primary focus of this role is on the development of web infrastructure via React. There is an opportunity to also be exposed to Full Stack Java development if the candidate wishes to explore this.
- To deliver web components enabling products using the React and similar frameworks.
- To design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies.
- To ensure consistent use of shared platform components and technologies.
- To contribute to best practice for web application development.
- To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards.
- Support your Scrum team and work in an agile environment working as a close team focussed on delivery.
- Preferred (Not Required) – Degree qualified in related subject.
- Work independently and take matters into your own hands
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential
- Take pride in delivering high quality, reusable code, and user interfaces
- A passion of software development and driven to improve the user experience
- A background in software engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing web applications.
- Experience designing & implementing public and private facing web applications.
- Good understanding of the finance industry and payment systems.
- Solid experience with front-end React.
- Experience with various testing patterns and supporting frameworks, (Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, snapshot testing, and unit testing).
- Significant and demonstrable web development experience.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing best practice – especially around scalability, availability, and performance.
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks & mocking/stubbing.
- Proven experience of project working and commercial development processes – particularly Agile methodologies.
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales.
- An ability to understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions rapidly and effectively.
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own.
- Experience of working with code repositories (e.g., Git, SVN), bug tracking tools (e.g., Jira, Bugzilla), Wikis (e.g., Confluence) and code review tools (e.g., Gerrit).
- Demonstrable experience with CI/CD process’ and their implementation (e.g., Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet).
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions, and issues in the short, medium, and long term.
- Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapts to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Keeps pace with change – acquires knowledge/skills as the business develops.