INTERNAL AUDIT TEAM
LEAD – FINANCE
Isle of Man, , Isle of Man
Support the Head of Operational Control in the development and
maintenance of the Company controls framework; managing staff to
conduct internal audits; perform control risks assessments to identify
areas of improvement; provide support to control owners; assist with
liaison and co-ordination with external audits.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
· Input into a risk-based internal audit plan for the company.
· Assist in the design, implementation and documentation of control
frameworks for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR),
Operations and IT, working with relevant managers within the
business to ensure they are aligned to Compliance requirements.
· Development, implementation and maintenance of the Risk &
Control Matrix (RACM), process narratives, flowcharts and other
procedural documentation supporting ICFR frameworks.
· Leading a team of staff in executing internal audits against the
internal audit plan from planning through to reporting to assess the
adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
· Assist with co-ordination of external audits to co-ordinate
walkthroughs, testing and progress in line with agreed timelines.
· Work with control owners to support and advise on the
implementation of required remediations relating to control
deficiencies identified through internal and external audits.
· Develop and maintain key business stakeholder relationships.
· Assist with preparation of Audit Committee materials for reporting
continual assurance purposes.
· Maintenance of an internal audit issue tracker.
· Support the Head of Operational Control with administration of the
Department (methodology and practices).
Knowledge & Skills
· Team lead / management experience Internal – Intellectual Property.
· Provide the business with advice and input on control and risk
· Deep understanding of and experience with ITGC and SDLC
· Understanding of core financial business processes, associated risks
and leading practice controls.
· Ability to identify control gaps and controls to develop control
· Ability to design audit programmes based on the control frameworks
developed to assess design and effectiveness of controls, and
execute on internal audits independently.
· Project management skills.
· Ability to engage with and manage multiple stakeholder communities
and cross functional projects.
· Financial process and accounting knowledge.
· Process mapping, walkthroughs and risk analysis (financial,
operations, IT, compliance).
· Control identification and design assessment.
· Working knowledge of compliance regulatory requirements.
· Communicates clearly and concisely, using appropriate level of
detail, terminology and style (written & Verbal).
Experience & Education
· Relevant degree/ diploma with commerce/internal auditing.
· CA qualified or equivalent
· Minimum of 8 years demonstrable experience working in an internal
audit and controls environment, with management experience.
· IT audit experience advantageous