IT SERVICE DESK ANALYST / BATCH OPERATOR
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our client’s busy IT Service Delivery team.
Reporting to the team Supervisor, the role combines the day-to-day troubleshooting, investigation and resolution for both local and international support requests with the running and monitoring of late evening/morning batch processes. The successful candidate should ideally have a minimum of 2 years relevant IT support experience and possess strong analytical and communications skills, along with the aptitude to work equally well as an individual or as part of a team
The role consists of rota-based shifts, the anticipated pattern being 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm, and 5pm to 1am on a two-week rotation. An additional shift allowance will be paid in recognition of the unsociable hours.
This role is based in our Douglas office; although on occasions, there will be the requirement to work from our office based in Castletown.
The main responsibilities for the role holder will include:-
• Run and monitor Batch Processes for our key line of business systems.
• Provide first line Service Desk Support addressing and resolving incidents and problems reported by the user base.
• Escalate as appropriate to ensure a prompt restoration of service.
• Ensure provision and availability of IT systems and functions to End Users.
• Provide out of hours Operational Support cover for the IT Department as & when required. (This being eligible for payment of an on-call allowance).
• Maintain policy & procedure documentation to the required standard.
• Perform general IT duties covering such tasks as kit relocation, software installs & upgrades and hardware builds etc.
• The ability to work on your own as well as part of a team is essential.
To ensure that this role is carried out to the desired level, the successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:-
• Ideally a minimum 2 years relevant Service/Help Desk experience.
• Self-Motivated with a Positive attitude to change.
• Customer Service experience, face to face/remotely and over the phone.
• Good analytical and listening skills.
• Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, Applications, Printers and Network faults.
• An understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Server/Desktop and Network Infrastructure.
• An understanding of Virtual Server/Desktop environments. Preferably VMWare.
• Clean driving licence desirable.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds because we embrace diversity and inclusivity within our business.