Creating and building beautiful award-winning homes is what they do. Homes that combine innovative design with only the highest standards of quality, which is something they have been doing for over 30 years. It’s part of the reason why they’re one of the UK’s most respected private housebuilders. And so is how they work with local communities to ensure their homes are designed in such a way that they enhance and complement their surroundings beautifully.
The primary purpose of the role is problem resolution for their customers, responding to telephone and email enquiries and providing excellent customer service and support for their end users. Logging support and request calls and dealing with them appropriately.
What you will do
Provide hands on 1st and 2nd line application and technical support. This includes:
• Responding to client issues, installing (& imaging), configuring, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC Software, Operating Systems, Hardware, AV & telephony equipment to ensure optimal performance
• Performing system administration, support and development for applications and systems. This includes reporting of global server backups, escalating to management if any issues are not resolved quickly
• Logging, documenting and managing all incidents using an Incident Management tool
• Maintain the inventory of all hardware and software, to ensure licence compliancy.
• Ensure SLAs are met and process and procedures followed
• Perform system administration, and support for ‘local’ applications systems and applications
• Ensure incidents, problems and all non-technical documentation are kept up to date
• Interact with internal teams, external third-party vendors, and hosting providers to troubleshoot and resolve potentially complex problems
• Follow and help to continuously improve IT policies, processes and standards (e.g. problem and incident management, service levels, change control, security and auditing, release, configuration etc).
Any Other Duties /General Scope:
The position is based in Isle of Man office. There will be the requirement to occasionally travel to some of their satellite sites and developments in the region and therefore a driving license and vehicle will be necessary.
Due to the nature of the construction industry their network is always expanding and changing, their technology is a direct reflection of this and thus the job offers plenty of room for creative thinking. Working with new and up-to-date technology is a consequence of their dynamic environment and ever evolving systems.
What you will have
The job holder will have a good, rounded knowledge of IT, especially in Cloud technologies (O365 / Azure etc) and have excellent customer service skills.
• Previous experience in a similar service desk role beneficial, but not essential.
• Educated to degree standard in a computer related degree or equivalent experience favourable.
• Certifications in MS Operating Systems, A+ Certification, Network+ and MS Office 365 applications desirable.
• Experience in a hands-on application support role beneficial, providing services to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s
• Experienced in managing multiple issues, stakeholders and priorities a must
Knowledge of supporting & administering:
You will need a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle and must be resident on the Isle of Man and classified as a Manx worker or hold an IOM Work Permit by being resident for 5 years or through a spouse/partner
• Cloud based (Azure) and on-prem Microsoft environments
• Productivity suites (Office 365, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Exchange Admin etc – Microsoft Flow beneficial),
• Mobile technologies (iOS, Android, Intune / MDM / MAM)
• Windows 10/11
• Active Directory inc Group Policy Management
• Windows Server knowledge (2016 and above)
• Good understanding of Networking
• Scripting (e.g. PowerShell) skills advantageous.
What we will offer you:
Our client was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today they are one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of their dedicated team.
Their benefits include:
£25,000 – £36,000 based on experience
25 days holiday (exclusive of bank holidays)
£competitive annual bonus (discretionary)
2x salary life assurance (paid option to increase to x4)
If you are an experienced, driven, and ambitious Land professional that would like to join one of the IOM and UK’s most well-respected housebuilders – this may be the role for you!