Junior / Internal Auditor
Are you our next Audit superstar
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting services function designed to add value and improve the operations of the Group. Internal Audit assists the Group in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Group’s risk management, control and governance processes.
Internal Audit provides independent assessments of key processes and controls across the Group in support of its business objectives and strategies. The Junior Internal Auditor / Internal Auditor will report to the Senior Internal Audit Manager, who reports directly to the Chair of the Board Oversight
Committee. The Junior Internal Auditor / Internal Auditor will adopt systematic and disciplined audit approaches to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Group’s risk management, control, and governance processes. The wide variety of audits gives Internal Audit a unique opportunity to develop detailed knowledge of the diverse activities of the Group.
What you’ll do:
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Internal Audit Manager , the Junior Internal Auditor / Internal
Auditor will perform the following duties:
● Prepare or contribute to the preparation of work plans (including risk assessments) and audit programs for assurance and / or consulting engagements.
● Conduct discussions of preliminary nature with heads of functions audited.
● Conduct segments of financial, operational and compliance audits of complex operations.
● Obtain required information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interviews with staff.
● For the processes audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and, where appropriate, draft potential recommendations for improvements.
● Prepare working papers documenting adequately work performed.
● Draft segments of the reports and communications on the results of work performed, for review by the Senior Internal Audit Manager.
● Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing administrative procedures.
What you’ll need to succeed:
● University degree (or equivalent), or working towards one, in business
administration, accounting (or related field), auditing; a professional certification in
accounting or auditing such as CIA will be an asset.
● A minimum of two years’ experience in auditing / controlling or closely related field is
● Skills and ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and
recommend solutions. Planning and organisational capability required.
● Ability to work independently; commitment to continuous learning and willingness to
keep up to date on new developments in the audit field.
● Working knowledge of IT systems and standard MS-office products.
● Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
● Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic
environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Ability to develop and maintain
effective working relationships with officials at management level.
● Familiarity with the procedures and systems in a banking / investment management /
stockbroking environment would be an asset.