- Project Manager – Jersey £400 – £500/day for consultant
Our Client has commenced on an ambitious project to replace a number of their legacy systems with a focus upon replacement of their existing ERP system JDE Edwards. Start ASAP until Feb 2023
The Project Manager is responsible for delivery of projects, using defined best practice project management methodologies to deliver projects within the required time, cost and expected quality. The post holder will use their PM knowledge and skills to ensure a successful delivery whilst also keeping track of the timeline and resources, and managing expectations from the team and stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day planning activities and delivery of IT projects across the organisation.
- Responsible for timeline estimations, whilst identifying, measuring and documenting risks to ensure mitigation strategies are put in place in a timely manner.
- Responsible for drawing up project plans to support the delivery of the various IT projects being undertaken to ensure delivery takes place within agreed budget and timescales.
- Responsible for maintaining project plans by updating and tracking progress against the baseline to manage the timely delivery of the projects
- Direct and motivate the project team as appropriate by overseeing the project to ensure goals are met within required timelines to enable the successful implementation of a project / programme.
- Manage expectations for the delivery of the project and ensuring any deadline or timeline issues are escalated early as possible senior management to enable appropriate corrective action to be taken.
- Ensure project metrics and performance are reported on as per agreed project management methods within the organisation to ensure consistency in delivery across the organisation
- Accountable for identifying where existing administrative policies and working practices will need to change in order to maximise the benefit of these new digital Information Systems
- Lead departmental teams to introduce changes to their working practices in order to take full advantage of the procurement and implementation of new Digital Information Systems and technology.
- Responsible for designing quality audits and monitoring mechanisms, reflecting the different stages of product implementation, to ensure that suppliers deliver to project specification (time and quality) and that the organisation is utilising the functionality to its full potential