Job Title: Project / Programme Manager
Reports to: Head of Product
Our client is an innovative payment solution spearheading innovation in payment
technology. They specialise in providing the perfect eWallet and payment device
solutions used by more than 1,000,000 customers in 180 countries.
They bring together a team of tenacious thought-leaders, re-imagining the business
model of payment services and pushing the boundaries and capabilities of a
payment app, and who strive to create an excellent ongoing customer experience.
With offices in the UK, the Isle of Man, Malta, Lithuania and Costa Rica, they also
have people in Spain, Costa Rica, India, Malta, Canada, Israel, their team is
multicultural, and their workspace is a place for creativity, change, innovation and
collaboration. They employ people who think outside the box, share ideas without
restrictions, take pride in supporting the wider team, and are not afraid to ask
The Project Manager is accountable for planning and co-ordinating resources,
preparing budgets, monitoring progress, driving projects forward and keeping
stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle. The role will manage a
number of concurrent strategic projects.
• Plan and Develop the project idea.
• Monitor Project progress and set deadlines.
• Ensure Stakeholder satisfaction.
• Co-ordinate resource between Teams / Squads.
• Unblock activities that have stalled.
• Own and drive the project from A – Z.
• Clearly document plans and make individuals accountable.
• Preferred (Not Required) – Degree qualified in related subject.
• Understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies (Preferably Certified in one or
• Understanding of all aspects of IT. Including Network, Operating Systems, Databases,
• Experience working in the Finance sector and familiar with the Agile methodology of
software development. Minimum 5 years in a similar role.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work well independently, set goals, be versatile and demonstrate initiative
• Experience with Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence toolset.
Attributes and Behaviours:
• Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into
component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
• Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be
implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions, and issues in the
short, medium, and long term.
• Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to
convince others. Adapts to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to
persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
• Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of
styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the
• Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective
working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be
part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Keeps pace with change – acquires knowledge/skills as the business develops.