Risk Advisory Services
▪ Director of Audit
▪ RAS Partners
▪ Senior Managers
▪ Senior Associates
8:00am – 5:30pm with additional times as needed
The Risk Advisory Services Manager leads client service engagements and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls. The Risk Advisory Services Manager is responsible for leading Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, internal audit, enterprise risk management, System & Organization (SOC) examinations and consulting engagements. Advanced technical skills and well-developed management and supervisory skills are required. Managers are responsible for managing multiple engagements, simultaneously and scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement workflow. Managers develop and train associates, and make associations to develop new business for the firm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
▪ Lead SOX 404, internal audit, SOC 1, and SOC 2 engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing the engagement while managing client deadline expectations, monitoring actual performance against budget; and continually communicating engagement status to the engagement partner.
▪ Develop and maintain a relationship with clients and proactively work with clients’ management to gather necessary engagement information, identify issues and make recommendations for business improvements and identify potential additional business opportunities.
▪ Supervise, train and mentor Risk Advisory Services Seniors, Staff and Interns, including detailed review of work papers and evaluate performances on client engagements.
▪ Actively be involved in business proposals, networking and recruiting opportunities.
▪ Must be highly dedicated with a positive attitude, self-motivated, a team player who takes initiative and willing to learn.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s degree a plus.
▪ 5+ years of experience in public accounting or internal audit.
▪ Must have a CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE license. Multiple certifications are a plus.
▪ Strong knowledge of risks, internal controls, business processes, auditing principles, and information technology.
▪ Areas of expertise should include the following: COSO Internal Control Framework, IIA Standards, GAAP, SOX 404 and related SEC matters.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Ability to provide excellent client service and manage multiple engagements in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
▪ A Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Information System Auditor is preferred.
▪ A Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
▪ A current and valid driver license.
▪ CIAs must be a member in good standing with the IIA.
▪ CISAs must be a member in good standing with the ISACA.
▪ CPAs must be a member in good standing with the AICPA and TSCPA.
▪ Regular, physical and predictable on-site job attendance.
▪ Routine same-day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings and seminars which requires use of a personal vehicle.
▪ Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars.
▪ Additional hours as needed to meet client expectations and deadlines.
SAFETY HAZARDS OF THE JOB
▪ Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.