Job Title: Scrum Master & Business Analyst
Department: App Squad
Reports to: Squad Leader
Our client is an innovative payment solution spearheading innovation in payment
technology. They specialise in providing the perfect eWallet and payment device
solutions used by more than 1,000,000 customers in 180 countries.
They brings together a team of tenacious thought-leaders, re-imagining the business
model of payment services and pushing the boundaries and capabilities of a
payment app, and who strive to create an excellent ongoing customer experience.
With offices in the UK, the Isle of Man, Malta, Lithuania and Costa Rica, they also
have people in Spain, Costa Rica, India, Malta, Canada, Israel, our team is
multicultural, and their workspace is a place for creativity, change, innovation and
collaboration. They employ people who think outside the box, share ideas without
restrictions, take pride in supporting the wider team, and are not afraid to ask
The SM / BA is a dynamic member of the Software Development squad operating
throughout the lifecycle of software projects to define requirements, create user
stories, understand and prioritise the product backlog, and lead the daily activities of
the agile scrum process. This role serves as the scrum master and analyst for a
cross functional team of Developers, Testers, and Project Owners/Managers.
• Facilitate and document the creation of user stories developed from higher
level product requirements.
• Work with internal and external customers to interpret business requirements
and produce functional specifications to the development team.
• Assist in the production of wireframes and flow diagrams to describe user /
• Consult with subject matter experts and technical resources to understand
feasibility and sizing of requests and solutions.
• Organise and manage the scrum process and activities.
• Work with the product owner to create and prioritize the product backlog.
• Unblock development team by obtaining clarification and approval from
• Assist with end user documentation and training as needed.
• Contribute to continual improvement of the software development process.
• Coach your team on Agile principles.
• Preferred (Not Required) – Degree qualified in related subject.
• Work independently and take matters into your own hands
• The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is
• Take pride in delivering high quality, reusable code, and user interfaces.
• Experience working part of an agile development team as a business analyst or scrum
• Experience in working on a Mobile App environment, ideally within a financial
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Love of learning.
• Ability to work well independently, set goals, be versatile and demonstrate initiative
• Experience with Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence toolset.
• Experience with SaaS solutions.
Attributes and Behaviours:
• Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into
component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
• Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be
implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions, and issues in the
short, medium, and long term.
• Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to
convince others. Adapts to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to
persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
• Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of
styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the
• Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective
working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be
part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Keeps pace with change – acquires knowledge/skills as the business develops.