Senior Compliance Officer
1. A key role in the risk management framework, working with department head to ensure risks are identified, assessed, managed and controlled within the appetite of the board
2. Ensure familiarity with risk management programmes as they impact this position, and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities.
3. Preparing regular risk reports to the board
4. Continued development of the compliance monitoring framework.
5. Execution of the agreed compliance monitoring plans to ensure compliance with Group policies and our regulatory obligations.
6. Preparing regular reports to the board of the compliance monitoring, including any identified deficiencies and the progress in their resolution
7. Assisting in providing regulatory compliance advice to the business on regulatory issues.
8. Managing the investigation of complaints ensuring they are resolved thoroughly, accurately and without bias.
9. Assisting with the preparation of regulatory returns.
10. Assisting with the review of company literature and promotional material for adherence to applicable regulations.
11. Communicating clearly and effectively with the business, the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority, the Information Commissioner and, where required, our clients.
12. Delivering training and coaching to team members across the business whilst promoting an open and effective compliance and risk awareness culture.
13. Maintenance of the regulatory registers.
14. Deputising for the MLRO when they are absent from the office, and executing the statutory role of Deputy Money Reporting Officer
15. Assisting in the maintenance of the Group polices, processes and procedures as they relate to Compliance, AML and Data Protection.
16. Assistance in the provision of regular regulatory updates to the business
17. Handling Subject Access Requests including liaising with staff as appropriate and production of material
1. Ability to produce quality work to strict deadlines
2. A team player with demonstrable and robust communication skills
3. Accurately complete administrative and technical work
4. Self-motivated with a structured approach to work
5. Identify and analyse problems by interpreting data available
6. Professional manner
7. Competent user of Microsoft Office packages
8. Analytical experience and ability to identify trends and root cause and identify solutions
9. Ability to remain calm under pressure and provide measured and well-articulated responses
10. Ability to coach and feedback effectively to teams and individuals, peers and senior managers.
11. The successful candidate must have strong organisational and time management skills, be keen to learn and have a continued interest in self-development with a desire to build a professional career, have a professional and positive approach to their work, be able to communicate effectively with clients and staff alike, have excellent customer service and people skills, diligent attention to detail and work well as part of a team