As a combined business the client manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Responsible for the planning and preparation of financial reports for a portfolio of funds, ensuring reporting deadlines are met and the delivery of client accounting requirements are in compliance with the clients contractual obligations.
- Develop an understanding of all entities within the fund structure, the nature of their transactions and reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain a process to ensure the timely delivery of client accounting requirements in relation to financial reports and accounts for all entities in allocated portfolio including the production of annual audited accounts; interim unaudited accounts; quarterly unaudited net asset valuations and capital statements for a growing portfolio of co-investment vehicles and other client related entities.
- Ensure that current accounting standards (UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP) and best practice principles are applied to the accounts production process and kept current as such standards and principles develop
- Establish reporting procedures for new funds and other entities based on fund documents and client reporting requirements
- Provide guidance and support to administration team to ensure that the book-keeping arising from transactions is performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaise with clients and other professional advisers to agree timetables for the production of accounts
- Attend board meetings and other client meetings to present accounts and discuss accounting related matters
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the timely completion of audits for fund and fund related entities
- Ensure that regulatory and statutory reporting requirements are met in so far as they relate to the financial accounting responsibilities
- Any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Solid and pragmatic accounting skills and technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including managing expectations which will include determining that which is important versus that which is urgent
- Advanced Excel skills and strong IT skills
- Professionalism and ability to win the respect of clients
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- The drive to make continuous improvements
- Flexibility to adapt as the role or the company develops