An opportunity has arisen for a new team member within our client’s Payments Team based in Douglas.
Reporting to the Payments Manager, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible the processing of a variety of company payments and expenses.
The main responsibilities of this role are :
• Ensuring the smooth processing of money in and money out of IFGL’s bank accounts with a focus on Controls to ensure entries are posted accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner
• Handle payment related queries from internal colleagues, external customers and banking partners
• Daily processing of invoices across IFGL, ensuring payments are verified and paid within service standards and adherence to the Group Expense Policy
• Maintain strong working relationships with banks, business partners and colleagues across the business.
• Act as a mentor, providing training, support and constructive feedback to colleagues, and identifying service improvements
The Key skills and experience required to be successful in this role :
• Have four years’ experience within financial services, preferably within a payments processing role.
• A good working knowledge of the major international banking systems.
• Have experience using accounts payable and accounting systems
• Have a strong understanding of the technical processes within a payments team
• Have a high level of attention to detail, particularly working with figures.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• A good working knowledge of MS Office and in particular Excel
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and suppliers
• Good organisational and problem solving skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Must be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.