Isle of Man based
To manage, lead and control multiple (large scale) projects across the Utmost International business (including Projects/Programmes involving the wider Group). Such projects to be managed from project initiation through to completion, in a manner that ensures that the project objectives are realised on time, within the project budget and to agreed quality standards. To act as a key co-ordinator between project stakeholder business areas and those areas undertaking project activities and developments. To effect the successful integration of business change into operational business areas. To be the project management “expert” in the team and provide mentoring and guidance to other team members and promotion of effective change management across the business.
Key Result Areas
- Define projects including scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities and ensure they are clear, agreed and communicated to all key stakeholders.
- Plan, structure, track, report on and lead project activity in line with Utmost International Change Framework to ensure that stakeholders, dependencies, cost, quality and time are managed within agreed parameters.
- Anticipate, monitor, manage and report on progress, risks and issues in line with Utmost International Risk Policy and Utmost International Change Framework to protect the project deliverables and benefits defined in the Business Case.
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
- Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Creation of project plans.
- Acceptance of project plans by other project stakeholders.
Set-up and ongoing maintenance of Project Control documents (in a timely manner), including:
- Initiation & Scope
- Decision Logs
- Risk Logs
- Quality Logs
- Time & Budget monitoring & reporting
- Action Logs
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager; or
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Life Assurance industry, where you have worked in a senior position: e.g. Team Leader, Manager, Technical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert, etc…
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Previous experience within the Life Assurance industry.
- Experience of working within software development using the following software development lifecycles:
- Experience of working for an international organisation with offices in different jurisdictions
- Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Display a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines.
- Takes responsibility for own work.
- Proactive and keen to expand knowledge and take on new tasks.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take steps to increase own knowledge or skill. Takes opportunities to increase their own experience.
- Systematic and logical.
- Looks for opportunities to develop skills, experience or build better business relationships without being prompted. ERIA
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Exceptional listener.
- Good team player.
- Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome
- Ability to network across the business areas to give and receive information.
- Prepared to support the Company and colleagues though not always in own interest. Demonstrates a willingness to give that little bit extra.
- Takes action to report on and catch-up on missed or slipping deadlines – either through own or others efforts.
- Understands the roles of IS within an international financial company.
- Commits to exceeding expectations and needs to internal/external customers, possesses “customer first” mind set.
- Commitment to providing good customer service.
- Ensures that work is accurate and well presented, that customer care is given priority above all else and that in both areas effort is made to exceed the minimum standard required. Shows concern for detail no matter how small. Takes a pride in doing a job well.
- Understands the wider strategic context of LCCG in the financial services industry
- Commitment to deliver for our customers within agreed timescales and deadlines. Understanding of the impact on our customers of missed deadlines.
- Committed to understanding the needs of our customers and designing software solutions that meet their needs.
- Understanding of the importance of good governance and control to ensure that project systems and solutions meet the expected standard.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Project Planning
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Project Management skills – Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a cost effective business-related objective. Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Is tenacious in approach to deliver the project objectives.
- Ability to meet individual project targets and goals.
- Experience of formal project management methodologies.
- Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer.
- Experience of working in large scale project teams over multiple jurisdictions
- Experience of motivating and leading large project teams
- Experience in creating Agile User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Understanding of SCRUM .
- Expert in report writing & Project Governance and Meeting Facilitation.
- Experience of planning tools (MS Project, Big Picture)
- Experience user of Confluence & JIRA in the execution of project delivery
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Mathematics OR equivalent experience in career history.
- Project Management qualification, e.g. Prince2 or equivalent
- Qualifications relevant to role or previous experience, such as a relevant degree, IT Professional Qualifications or other professional qualifications relevant to the Finance Industry (e.g. IAQ, FPC, etc…).
- Change Management Certification