The overall administration and monitoring of a specified portfolio of clients must be carried out by this job’s team members in a timely manor.
You will have a first-level trust-related qualification under your belt or have already earned it. You will also have good communication skills with clients, directors, team members, other colleagues, and professionals, as well as a thorough understanding of trust, ensuring that clients receive an effective service.
You will ensure that you maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
Corporate & Professional Responsibilities
• To promote and support the aims and image of the firm.
• To develop and maintain effective working relationship with all colleagues.
• To co-operate with colleagues to promote an open and supportive environment.
• To carry out duties in a careful and professional manner, acting in a way that supports and upholds the reputation of the business.
• Establish and develop working relationships based on confidence, trust and respect, exhibiting professional and personal integrity at all times.
• Respond positively and promptly to client demands and provide consistent, high quality service to clients.
• Meet targets and objectives set by Managers and have an understanding of the consequences associated with missing deadlines.
• Review all work before handover to the Manager.
• Seek feedback from others regarding own performance and with manager assistance produce SMART objectives following one-to-one meetings.
• Attend agreed relevant courses to improve technical knowledge and complete relevant trust qualification.
• Respond positively to requests for help and support in the team and share existing knowledge and skills for the benefit of the team.
• Ensure proper completion of all documentation under the flexi-sheet and APS timekeeping systems.
• Ensure that all office and departmental procedures are adhered to.
• Set up and maintain statutory records including minutes of directors and shareholders meetings and trustee resolutions for a defined portfolio of clients and assist senior staff in maintain other records as necessary.
• Have a good working knowledge of the computer system and ensure that all necessary client information is contained in the database and up dated as requested.
• Be competent in day to day bookkeeping for companies and trusts to trial balance. With training and experience become involved in dealing with basic accounts.
• Liaise with bankers over remittance of money, deposit accounts and investment transactions.
• Open/close trust and company bank accounts.
• Liaise with brokers over investment transactions and settlement instructions.
• Have a working knowledge and with tuition and practice, become competent in the formation of limited companies and setting up of new trusts.
• Complete billing forms as necessary.
• Develop good communications skills, liaising regularly where appropriate with clients and associates by telephone and written correspondence.
• Adhere to compliance procedures and ensure that all documentation regarding client review is provided to client reviewers in a timely manner.
• Produce a simple set of accounts with assistance.
• Demonstrate basic tax knowledge.
• The ability to discuss technical matters with seniors.
• Any other relevant duties as requested by your Manager.
• Minimum of 5 GSCEs, including Maths and English at C grade or above
• Previous experience in a trust administration role
• Excellent working knowledge of Saffery Champness philosophy and culture and awareness of business objectives and strategies
• ICSA Cert or STEP Certificate Qualification preferred.
• Good communication skills and ability to develop effective relationships at all levels
• Effective organisational and planning skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficient in all relevant IT programmes
• Dedicated and highly professional approach with total commitment to best practice with a pro-active approach
• Ability to work independently, use initiative and to prioritise work
• Ability to work in a timely manner, and to meet deadlines when under pressure
• Supporting approach regarding management decisions
• Demonstrate full compliance with all legal requirements and all relevant Saffery Champness policies
• Demonstrate full adherence to all GFSC regulatory and Data Protection requirements