Job Title: SRE Engineer
Department: Site Reliability Engineering, Technology
Reports to: Head of SRE
Our client is an innovative payment solution spearheading innovation in payment
technology. They specialise in providing the perfect eWallet and payment device
solutions used by more than 1,000,000 customers in 180 countries.
Our client brings together a team of tenacious thought-leaders, re-imagining the
business model of payment services and pushing the boundaries and capabilities of
a payment app, and who strive to create an excellent ongoing customer experience.
With offices in the UK, the Isle of Man, Malta, Lithuania and Costa Rica, they also
have people in Spain, Costa Rica, India, Malta, Canada, Israel, their team is
multicultural, and their workspace is a place for creativity, change, innovation and
collaboration. They employ people who think outside the box, share ideas without
restrictions, take pride in supporting the wider team, and are not afraid to ask
The SRE Engineer is responsible for ensuring our underlying infrastructure is
running smoothly and that systems and tools are working as expected through the
deployment of automation and code centric solutions.
SRE is an operational team whose primary objective is the reliability of our
production platform. A secondary objective is to support and develop the CI/CD
pipeline and development environments.
• Building environments for new products and services.
• Automation of routine operational tasks.
• Assist in the troubleshooting of production faults.
• Optimise the performance of our Production and Development Environments.
• Improve monitoring and reliability by developing and deploying automated
• Take part in our SRE on-call rota for emergency escalation of rare system
• Remediation and optimisation of our security posture.
• Proactively challenge how we can improve our service and defensive
• Preferred – Degree qualified in related subject.
• Either a systems or development career background with a passion for automation via
• Understanding of all aspects of IT, including Network, Operating Systems, Databases,
Security and Software Development. Expect to be asked about all layers of the OSI
• Knowledge or understanding of some of the following tools
o Implementing CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, Spinnaker)
o Experience using Version Control (GitLab, Gerrit)
o Familiar with any cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
o Knowledge of containerisation environments ( Kubernetes / Docker Swarm)
o Experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform)
o Familiar with *nix operating systems
o Databases (MYSQL,redis)
o Ability to script / code (Java, PHP, Python, Go)
• Experience working in a similar SRE/DevOps environment would be an advantage
(With not a requirement)
• Comfortable with code
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Love of learning.
• Ability to work well independently, set goals, be versatile and demonstrate initiative
• Experience with SaaS solutions.
Attributes and Behaviours:
• Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into
component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
• Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be
implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions, and issues in the
short, medium, and long term.
• Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to
convince others. Adapts to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to
persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
• Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of
styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the
• Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective
working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be
part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Keeps pace with change – acquires knowledge/skills as the business develops.